Our Philosophy on Education
At CAPE Pre-School, our goal is to provide a secure child and parent environment where all children, parents and their families feel welcomed and valued. Children participate in a program of educationally challenging activities and supportive personal interactions planned to foster their social, physical, emotional and intellectual development. All staff are responsible for working with children, parents, their important family members, and other staff members in the spirit of collaboration and dedication.
Our education philosophy is that young children develop and learn best when they have opportunities to:
- Observe and be part of respectful, supportive and friendly adult-child and child-child interactions
- Engage in the experimenting, exploring, creating, discovering and idea-sharing which are all part of the children’s activities adults describe as ‘child’s play’
- Make choices and become involved in activities that are personally and developmentally right for them
CAPE Pre-School’s Core values are:
- Safety and well-being of children is our top priority
- Working in Partnership with Parents
- Providing children with an environment where they can learn, play, and develop
- Creating an environment where everyone is welcome
- Easing the transition between home, Pre-School, and School
The Staff and Keyworkers
During your child’s first half term within the pre-school they will be allocated a Keyworker. The aim of the Keyworker is to work with your child while they are in the setting and to observe and plan for their individual needs. You will receive a keyworker letter informing you of who your childcare worker is and feel free to discuss anything with your child’s keyworker that will help your child settle into the setting. If your keyworker is not available, please approach another member of staff who will be happy to deal with any queries you may have.